Please note: This page is actively being updated as MSHA receives information from related stakeholders.
This page was last updated on 10-18-21
Massachusetts State Resources
Insurance Coverage for Telepractice in Massachusetts:
MassHealth information: The following important document has been updated and posted to the mass.gov/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-and-masshealth website, Regularly check mass.gov/2019coronavirus for general updated information and mass.gov/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-and-masshealth for MassHealth-related information.
COVID-19 Modifications and Updates - Executive Office of Health an Human Services (MassHealth)
MassHealth: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Guidance for All Providers - Click here to read more
In coordination with agencies across the Executive Office of Health and Human Services, MassHealth/EOHHS have released provider bulletins and additional guidance in response to 2019 novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). Below are the bulletins and guidance:
Jeff Regan, director, Government Affairs and Public Policy: ASHA is actively engaged with Congress about the importance of expanded access to telepractice. As you may know, we currently have a Take Action link asking our ASHA members to express support for H.R. 4932/S. 2741, the Creating Opportunities Now for Necessary and Effective Care Technologies (CONNECT) for Health Act of 2019. Given the pandemic of COVID-19 and the rapidly evolving health care policy landscape, this Action Alert is currently being modified in time for Virtual Advocacy Day on Monday, March 23, to reflect the urgent need for our services to be covered by Medicare. If you have any additional policy-related questions with respect to COVID-19, please contact Jeff Regan, ASHA's Director of Government Affairs and Public Policy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Billing, Reimbursement, and Administrative Notes:
Effective March 31, 2021, MassHealth published the following Provider Bulletins related to Therapist Services, which provides an extension to the provider bulletins issued in January 2021.
- Therapist Bulletin 16: COVID-19 Related Administrative Flexibilities for Therapy Services Including Telehealth Link: https://www.mass.gov/lists/masshealth-provider-bulletins-by-provider-type-r-w#therapist-provider-bulletins-
- Rehabilitation Center Bulletin 13: COVID-19 Related Administrative Flexibilities for Therapy Services Including Telehealth Link: https://www.mass.gov/lists/masshealth-provider-bulletins-by-provider-type-r-w#rehabilitation-center-provider-bulletins-
- Speech and Hearing Center Bulletin 13: COVID-19 Related Administrative Flexibilities for Therapy Services Including Telehealth Link: https://www.mass.gov/lists/masshealth-provider-bulletins-by-provider-type-r-w#speech-and-hearing-center-provider-bulletins-
- COVID-19 Vaccine for Individuals Ages 65 and Older Overview.pdf
- COVID-19 Vaccine for Individuals with Underlying Conditions Overview.pdf
- Baker-Polito Administration Announces Vaccine Appointment Booking for Individuals Ages 65+, Individuals with 2+ Certain Medical Conditions to Begin on February 18th
- Home-based Healthcare Worker COVID-19 Vaccine - Important Update: Click here to learn more.
February 12, 2021 - Effective Thursday, February 11th, an individual who accompanies a person age 75 or older to one of four mass vaccination sites to receive the vaccine will be eligible to receive the vaccine too, if they have an appointment booked. Click here to learn more.